Monday, June 10, 2024

Meet Terence, the junk metal goat!


This has been a really cool project to work on. I really like goats, so putting this one together was great fun. Lawn mower blades, old gate hinges, and long bent steel rods all come together to give Terence his own unique character.

Terence is big and heavy, just like a real goat, so making him structurally strong was an important part of the build.

One of the things I'm really enjoying about welding is how certain pieces of scrap seem to jump out at me, almost like magic. I don't have to overthink every detail; the right pieces just seem to reveal themselves as I go along.

The horns took quite a bit of precision. I made them from No. 8 wire, carefully forming a long spiral before creating a second one to mirror the first, which was pretty tricky!

I'm really pleased with how Terence turned out. It was another awesome project to work on. Thanks, Terence!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment